Rovins Nano merges iXblue's high-grade Inertial Navigation System (INS) with the company's competitive IMU. Built upon iXblue's renowned FOG solid-state technology and offshore instrumentation expertise, Rovins Nano offers highly accurate positionning information while simplifying operations thanks to its automatic and autonomous external sensor management.
Rovins Nano is the ROV navigation solution you can rely on, bringing an additional level of safety in case of deficient aiding sensors.
- Inertial position & velocity, available without DVL
- Open architecture for all third-party sensors: DVL, USBL, LBL, Depth sensor
- Sparse Array enhancement to existing LBL network
- Equivalent interfacing to Rovins, Phins, Octans
- ITAR-free, fast export under O&G regulations
- Cost effective: better ROI, lower TCO
- Full INS and gyrocompass
- True north, roll & pitch, rotation rates
- DVL & depth sensor available as options
- Optimized interface with Ramses for added horsepower
- Web GUI and legacy serial control commands
- Stand-alone, compact and light-weight
* DVL-aided optimal performances in typical conditions
Hands-on videos: How to prepare your INS/DVL
Part 1: Unboxing & Assembly
Part 2: Configuration
Part 3: Calibration
Part 4: Extras
iXblue Rovins Nano has been chosen by the University of Limerick’s Centre for Robotics & Intelligent Systems (CRIS) for the development of a new INS based navigation & control suite, OceanRINGS. Part of a larger institution known as MaREI, CRIS aims to research the use of smart automated ROVs for challenging marine applications.