Ramses is a flexible acoustic transceiver with self-contained computing, designed to perform full-LBL or sparse-LBL navigation capabilities to any type of underwater vehicle (ROVs, AUVs...).
Tightly coupled with an iXblue inertial navigation system (INS), Ramses delivers extreme precision and robustness in challenging acoustic operational environments, and thus even with a greatly reduced number of transponders compared to other LBL systems.
Using Ramses, both LBL and sparse-LBL features are natively offered to the operator depending on the number of available transponders:
- With 1+ transponder, sparse-LBL position is obtained from the fusion of acoustic ranges with navigation equations from the INS
- With 4+ transponders, embedded LBL algorithms provide high performing 100% acoustic navigation and efficient environmental QC
- Smooth integration on ROVs and AUVs
- LBL navigation accuracy, with reduced arrays and superior precision
- Flexible array deployment thanks to SLAM
- High-speed acoustic communications
- A Medium Frequency (MF) version, compatible with Gaps USBL system as well as third-party USBL systems
- A low Frequency (LF) version, for ultra-long-range applications. This LF version is fully compatible with Posidonia USBL system
ROV/WROV acoustic positioning
Acoustic synthetic baseline positioning system