Gecdis-C is an Electronic Chart Display and Information System (ECDIS), which is fully compliant with the latest IEC-IMO and IHO standards and regulations.
Gecdis-C benefits from iXblue’s nearly 30 years’ experience in designing and maintaining electronic navigation systems. The group has been delivering electronic chart systems since the early 90s and ECDIS-type approved systems since 2000.
iXblue is proud to present a track record of more than 6 000 navigation systems, covering a broad range of vessel types: passenger ships (ferries, cruising vessels), tankers, cargo ships and workboats.
Thanks to its modular architecture, Gecdis is both scalable and configurable and can be adapted to a large range of navigation requirements.
- Combination of 2D and 3D views enhance the perception of the environment
- Sensors integration (supporting information display from a broad range of sensors)
- Additional information layers can be easily installed (weather forecast, meteorological, radar overlay, etc.)
- Display of electronic charts
- Navigation planning
- Data recording and replay
- Alarms definition
- Multi-sensor data fusion
Route monitoring functionalities
Gecdis-C is able to propose context management: an environment of data windows and automatically adjustable tools depending on the particular navigation
Intrusion detection functionality
In term of current day risk management (piracy, theft, etc.), cumpulsory functions of Gecdis-C include the ability to define zones and also to set off alarms when a boat goes in or out a zone.