The Canopus transponder is the latest addition to iXblue's underwater positioning systems. Used as a reference seabed transponder or installed on tracked vehicles, it contributes to the best underwater positioning solution in terms of accuracy, functionalities and ease-of-use.
Canopus is an intelligent seabed transponder providing the most advanced LBL capabilities to iXblue positioning and navigation solutions.
Used either in sparse array mode, with Ramses transceiver and iXblue INS, or in full LBL mode depending on the requirements of the operation area, Canopus provides the highest positioning accuracy with the added advantage of reducing the number of transponders required.
at maximum sound levels
with Alkaline batteries
- Low power consumption
- Operation life > 1,000,000 pings at maximum sound level
- A few hundreds unique wideband address codes
- Compatible with Gaps and Posidonia (USBL), Ramses (LBL and ASBL), iXblue INS and third-party acoustic systems
- Depth rating: up to 6,000 m
- Modes of operation: Long BaseLine positioning, ASBL Sparse Array positioning, Acoustic Data telemetry and Modem
- Embedded user interface (MMI) through WiFi wireless communication link
- Standard environment sensors including: pressure, temperature, inclinometer
- Up to 4 years autonomy with standard Alkaline battery pack
iXblue has been chosen by the European Institute for Marine Studies (IUEM) to provide 8 Canopus LBL transponders for a major geodetic mission off the coast of Sicily. Deployed on the seabed, 2,500 meters below the surface, the Canopus transponders will measure the crustal deformation along the North-South Alfeo faults with a millimeter-scale resolution over the course of 4 years.
- Subsea construction
- Renewable energy
- Geodetic survey
- Dynamic positioning
- Subsea mining