Customer Support Engineer H/F
iXblue is a leading global provider of innovative solutions and services for navigation, positioning, and imaging. Civil and defense customers rely on our systems, operations, and services for the challenges they face at sea, on land, in the air or in space.
We are recognized throughout the industry for our pioneering work on the development of ultimate performance fiber-optic gyroscopes (FOG), acoustic and sonar signal processing, and inertial-acoustic sensor data fusion. In these areas, we work to ensure that our products provide high accuracy, unrivalled performance and unsurpassed reliability.
iXblue’s offerings encompass inertial navigation systems, photonic components and modules, acoustic positioning and sonar solutions, imaging systems, motion simulators, and stabilized platforms.
Your duties and responsibilities: • Represent iXblue to customers both internally and externally. • Remote support to customer: o Follow-up and respond to hot-line, hot-mail, and customer requests. o Document, analyze, report and record customer claims on the database. o Local maintenance and testing of iXblue owned and customer owned equipment • On-site support to customer: o Pre-survey, installation, commissioning, training, demo, technical assistance. o Prepare, execute, feedback, debrief, report and follow up. o Within EMEA geographical zone and occasionally outside. • Internal support o Interact with all Ixblue teams to move forward your support cases. o Assist sales team and project teams on pre-sale and after sales activities. o Link with the maintenance team for maintenance follow up. • Team o Go through continuous internal as well as self-directed training on all related products. o Own and continuously improve back office support procedures and tools. o Share and get knowledge, new skills, with the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electronic, software or Mechanical Engineering) or relevant experience and training
- 5+ year experience, working with high technology products or Military background
- Service-oriented attitude and results-oriented culture to provide customer satisfaction
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Resourceful and able to work under pressure on your own or in a team
- Self-motivated, technically curious, able to think and work independently
- Exceptional communication skills: verbal and written
- Multi-cultural awareness and experience
- Knowledge of inertial navigation, underwater acoustics, survey or gyrocompasses advantageous
Travel: 30% of the time, up to 110 days/year.