As a military technology covered by a number of patents, SeapiX is the first compact civilian system comprising a dual Mills Cross multibeam sonar transducer.
SeapiX generates one or more scan swathes along or across the vessel axis, providing total three-dimensional coverage of the water column (to provide metrological target strength and volume backscattering strength), a bathymetric profile of the seabed and sediment identification analysis.
- Mills Cross dual multibeam swaths in a single compact antenna housing with embedded IMU
- Real-time 3D sonar covering a pyramidal 120° water volume with high resolution
- Easy to integrate (hull, buoy, or pole mounted)
- Advanced chirp frequency modulation
- Compatibility with GECDIS systems, Olex (for bathymetry), Echoview (water column analysis) and Delph software
In collaboration with four French, Belgian and German geoscience laboratories, iXblue’s Sonar Systems division recently mobilized its SeapiX volumic 3D sonar to image a volcanic lake in the Eifel region (Germany). The main goal was to detect gas bubbles that would help better understand the volcano activity.
- Finding fish
- Fish classification
- Fishing operation management
AVAILABLE FOR DIFFERENT FISHING METHODS
- Pelagic trawling
- Bottom trawling
- Tuna & perse seining
Fishery and oceanographic research
- Water column echo-integration and TS measurements with split beam, fully stabilized
- Real-time species classification
- Raw data recording, HAC and EVD exports for Echoview post processing
- Hull-mounting or mobile transducer configurations
- Seabed hardness
- Discrimination and classification of the seabed
- Side scan imaging